Serving in the Mexico Mérida Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

¡Vive el Violin!



Hola Familia,

Hermana Wilson memorizes scriptures faster than me!

 My violin and I had a joyous reunion! Presidente Garcia sent it to a repairman who works for the orchestra of Mérida! I went to play for a baptism. The pianist is the extensively-improvising Ismael from Barrio Terranova.

The sisters serving in Terranova baptized Jose, the super-duro (challenging) husband of a sister in the ward. Hermana Pitcher and I tried to teach him when we were there, but it was like hitting a wall. Would you believe what caused the change? Hanging out in the temple waiting room for 5 hours while his wife did ordinances. 

The violin sounds pretty good. They had to do some extensive repair work. They also replaced the bridge.

I was reading Elder Bednar’s talk, A Reservoir of Living Water, on how to study the scriptures and hearing about Mom is teaching her missionaries how to study scriptures. I like the line in Preach My Gospel in the section about Christlike Attributes: Faith, where it uses the phrase “as you search and explore the scriptures.” I think they are two different things. Exploring, for me, is reading in the order of the scriptures, or when I look up a reference, looking around at the other verses in the chapter. Searching is when I have a specific question and I go looking for the answer. My study sessions are usually a mix of the two. I think they are both important. Being a good explorer helps you to know where to search when your questions come.

It’s been kind of a hard week, because even though we find a lot of people, and sometimes even interested people, nobody has the time for continuous teaching appointments! In Mexico, and especially this area, people work ALL day, every day. There are a lot of students in our area, too. We are trying to find more available people through los miembros (the members), but that process is also a little slow.

If you are a member and you are reading this, go make it easy on your missionaries and find them people to teach. :-)

Pero no nos desanimamos, por nada! (Be we are not discouraged at all!)

​This picture is of Missionaries and Members! We are holding a Family Home Evening with the Molina family. Hermano Molina is our ward mission leader. They invited the sister of Hermana Molina and the neighbors.

Love you all mucho. 
Amorrrrrrrrrosamente (Lovingly),
Hna Ludlam

No comments:

Post a Comment