Serving in the Mexico Mérida Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Monday, April 13, 2015

The Final Word!


Oh, Family.

Sisters at the ward Easter Party
I have un monton de cosas que decirles (a lot of things to tell you).

Elí se bautizó. Fue glorioso. He is so feliz. (Eli was baptized.  It was glorious.  He is so happy). Everything went perfectly. He’s a theologist, so I think he’s going to be the missionary’s favorite member to bring to appointments because he relates to everyone. 
And guess who baptized him... Hermano Dionisio!  And his wife came to the baptism. :)
Heavenly Father does really nice things for me. Eli would have been baptized anyway, but Heavenly Father let me be part of it.

I had pictures! But Hermana Chamorro will have to send them to me again next week, her camera died.

I am going to miss Hermana Chamorro-- I think the most important thing she taught me was how observant she was if the Spirit was or was not present in a lesson we taught or what we said. We were constantly commentating and evaluating how much the Spirit was felt. It made a difference; almost every lesson was a cool lesson. I want to be that sensitive for the rest of my life.

I wanted to make a list of things I wish I had known at the beginning of my mission, for future missionaries.

  1. The main goal when talking with people is to say what is needed -- to get people to feel the Spirit. That’s all.
  2. Your whole job is to change culture (“traditions” as it says in the Book of Mormon). 
  3. Start with the members. I spent a whole lot of time finding people through my own means, but that wastes a lot of time. I wish I had started working from the beginning to convert members. Converted members should be the primary source of investigators.
  4. If you read something in Preach My Gospel that you aren't doing, start doing it. In fact, that’s how you should read PMG, looking for the things you aren't doing. Teach Preach My Gospel to the members.
  5. There is ALWAYS something you can do better. If something didn't go well, think about how you could have planned it better.
  6. Don’t be surprised when you start seeing Satan’s influence in everything, in everybody--  it’s kind of a shock, but you get used to it. 
  7. Fight the tendency to put up walls. I am an idea-killer, but it's good to let ideas develop a little before shooting them down. Think about why things will work, and not just why they won't work.
  8. If you have an idea of how to change something or a new thing to try, do it immediately! If you wait, it won’t happen. 
  9. I walked past a lot of people thinking that I didn’t have time to talk to them because we had to get to lessons, until I started keeping stats.  Even though it is contrary to reason, the MORE people you talk to in the streets, the more lessons you will have. 
  10. Teach short lessons. 
Peek-a-boo! I'm coming to see you!
Family, I love you. That is my favorite thing about the gospel, is how it makes families happy. That’s what makes people the most happy, is having a happy family. 

Til we meet....!!!!!! I will be WITH you!
Much love,
Hermana Ludlam

No comments:

Post a Comment