Serving in the Mexico Mérida Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Monday, February 9, 2015

Missions are So Good For You!


Hermana Castro (hija de Hna Wilson), Hermana Wilson, Lia, Hermana Oaxaca.

Hola Familia,
Thank you to the Wonderful Young Women! My package was so perfect and I loved your cards. I’m excited to meet the new people when I get back. You are a bunch of thoughtful people.

Even though we haven’t had a very “successful” week in terms of numbers, I don’t feel discouraged, which is a hundred percent a gift of the Spirit.
I’ve also realized that I’ve been given a lot more patience with people than I’ve had before. Sometimes, Heavenly Father gives me little moments when He takes away the sustaining influence of the Spirit just to remind me how I am without Him. MISSIONS ARE SO GOOD FOR YOU.
We’ve started teaching our less-actives like we would teach investigators-- frequent visits, follow-ups, text messages, assigning hermanadores... it’s slow progress but it’s good. We feel good. We walk out of our lessons feeling like we are doing our job.
By the way, the camera 100% bit the dust. I don’t know if you want me to try to bring it home, but I can’t even get the lens to retract.

​We finally made it to the temple! It was glorious.

Fotos next week! I have lots.

Love,
Hermana Ludlam

No comments:

Post a Comment