Serving in the Mexico Mérida Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Monday, March 31, 2014

Sister Training Leader in Mulsay 2!

Hola Familita,

Pues cambios otra vez (We have transfers again).  I am going to open the new Mulsay 2 area (which is actually right next to Madero) and... serve as Sister Training Leader! My companion is also a Training Leader, Hermana Garcia. She is from la Republica Dominicana and she has got some FUERZA (power, strength). Pictures next week. 
Parque Chino in Mulsay 2

Did you know I have been on my mission for 6 months?! That’s like a third already!

Oh, you guys, I am leaving so many beautiful investigators.  You know, before my mission, I never thought I would have this kind of relationship with the people I taught. I thought I would kind of touch down into their lives for a few months, teach them and take off again but it’s like we’ve forged these eternal bonds of love and then I just LEAVE! It’s probably a good thing, though, because one of the things H' Harper and I have noticed is that when we are too much of friends with our investigators, we worry about telling them what they really need, in fear of hurting their feelings or making them not like us. Or they become more attached to us that to the things we’re teaching them. So it’s probably good, it just hurts.

I’ll get to see everybody from Gineres next week at General Conference, though. :) (The church broadcasts a worldwide conference via satellite)  I AM SO EXCITED FOR PROPHETIC COUNSEL. My favorite part from the women’s conference was “to not only love each other more, but love each other better.” (B.L. Oscarson) That is a good line. I think that’s kind of the whole point of the góspel, really.

Hay que triste (oh so sad)... I have pictures of Maria’s baptism, of eating lunch in a fancy restaurant with Jesús, of lots of people from Garcia Gineres... but there’s something wrong with gmail I think. Next week, I guess.

Man, I wish you guys could have gone with us to the restaurant in Centro with Jesus. He took us out for preparation day and was very much the host (he is probably our classiest investigator. He didn’t even order food so he could talk to us the whole time.) You guys, there was LIVE MUSIC!  This band of 3 guitarists stayed in the corner, and I think I enjoyed the music more than the food! One of the guys was super virtuosic and--Grant you just about would have died!

I got your package that you sent the FOURTEENTH of MARCH! It got here in two weeks! Thank you for telling me about your baptism, Luci. And thanks for sacrificing your conference Ensign, Mum. It will be heavily utilized. Livi, mum sent me the video of you playing bass and I watched it illegally. Bieeeen hecho (well done).

Something I’ve been thinking long and hard about is how we can know what things and what truths we can trust... because I kind of want to know everything. I’m starting to realize that there are an awful lot of explanations for everything and real, pure, solid truth is very rare. Truth IS the Word of God, but sometimes it’s hard to know what really is the Word of God. Man has lots of different interpretations. That’s why it’s so wise of Heavenly Father to tell us that in the mouth of two or three witnesses shall the truth be established-- the search for truth involves an awful lot of cross-referencing and experience-comparing and hard-core praying and seeking for confirmation of the Spirit. And just a lot of patience and faith because I’m never going to understand everything correctly. I can try.

I love you guys. I love your letters, too. They are still as good as the first one six months ago.

Amor,
Hermana Ludlam

No comments:

Post a Comment