Serving in the Mexico Mérida Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Monday, January 26, 2015

Dry, but Riding the Wave!

Hola Familia,

Lia's new companion, Hermana Oaxaco from Mexico City.
Meet my new companion!  She's pretty funky. We're working together really well. She is making ASTOUNDING progress and is really good at asking inspired questions.

For some reason, every time I train, the first week together is really dry-- searching and searching and contacting and contacting and teaching and teaching but not finding hardly anyone with the potential to progress. To me, it's not such a big deal because I know those things come in waves, but I've been really impressed with the gumption of Hermana Oaxaca to pick herself back up again instead of staying discouraged. 

My camera has problems. It turns on and off and I can look through old pictures but the screen is black and it only takes black pictures. So I have to ask my companions to send me all the fotos we take.

Did you guys make a Christmas card this year?

Mucho amor,
Hna Ludlam

(For those of you who have asked if Lia knew the Elder from Washington that passed away last week-- she was acquainted with him and said it has been a very difficult loss, particularly for their mission leaders. Our thoughts and prayers are with the McBride family.)

No comments:

Post a Comment